2021 Silicon Valley Software Engineering Talent Report
The talent war for software engineers is ramping up across the globe, especially in highly competitive markets like the San Francisco Bay Area. To help hiring managers and talent leaders better navigate the evolving landscape and develop targeted recruiting strategies, here we are sharing unique insights on the supply of software engineer workforce in Silicon Valley. This report is developed from Celential.ai's rich talent graph of 5M software engineers in North America and an AI algorithm for a deep understanding of individuals and companies.
Here are some interesting findings from the report:
- Silicon Valley has a total of 341K software engineers, among which backend engineers count for the largest workforce.
- While 57% of engineers have less than 10 years of experience, DevOps engineers tend to be more experienced than others.
- About 50% of Silicon Valley software engineers earned their undergraduate degrees from a foreign country, primarily India and China.
- Almost 10% of engineers are self-taught without a college degree.
- On average, engineers stay 2 years and 9 months in their first job and 2 years and 3 months in their second job.